Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

As part of a remodel, I had a new Whirlpool, Model #WOS51EC0AB,

As part of a remodel, I had a new Whirlpool, Model #WOS51EC0AB, installed. The install involved rewiring because i changed a range to a separtate cooktop and oven, so additional 220 was run. I have just tried to use the oven and after baking the oven does not turn off (I had to turn off at the breaker). It turns off after broiling, but not baking. I'm trying to determine if this is an oven defect or a install defect (I heard improper grounding may cause this problem).
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the oven is not grounded properly, it definitely can cause the control board to act up and not respond properly. You would need to make sure that you're oven is being grounded properly from the power cord. If everything checks good on that end, you just have a bad display control board that would need to be replaced. It's less than a year old so it would definitely be covered under warranty.