Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my whirlpool accubake stove will automatically switch to "auto

my whirlpool accubake stove will automatically switch to "auto clean" which obviously burns whatever is in the oven at that time.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So why do you think the stove turns to "auto clean"? Does it actually say "clean" on the display? Or what makes you believe it's cleaning?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it does say "clean" and the top broiler comes on.... its the only time the broiler does come on - otherwise it won't come on while cooking

OK so the only thing that would ever cause this problem is the display board itself. If unplugging the unit for 60 seconds won't reset the display board and the issue comes back, the display board needs to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace for your model number. The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand costs about $250.

CLICK HERE for display board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!