Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag Washer Model MHWE950WW01 shows a fault code F21 (Drain

My Maytag Washer Model MHWE950WW01 shows a fault code F21 (Drain problem). THe external hose looks fine. What can I do to check the internal hoses & pump?

appliance Doc :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Customer:

Ok

appliance Doc :

So you are correct. F21 means that your washer isn't draining properly. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. Be careful when you unscrew the cap because some water will come out even though the unit is tipped backwards. Also, make sure to have lots of towels ready or a wet vac if you happen to have one. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer:

I will give it a try. Thanks!

appliance Doc :

no problem and good luck!

Customer:

Exactly what was wrong! There is nothing in the Owners Manual that explains this simple maintenance service. Thank you for your help.

appliance Doc :

Awesome, I'm so glad

appliance Doc :

If you need anything else, just let me know!

Customer:

Thanks for rating! Since you're not satisfied, please reply to your Expert.
Tyler Z. will be able to provide you with more information and a great answer.

Customer:

Why does it say that I am not satisfied? I am very satisfied!

I think that is an auto response. I saw you rated excellent last night but it didn't go through so I'll send this to customer service.