Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

PSC25NSTA SS has foul tasting water after six years. Been replacing

Customer Question

PSC25NSTA SS has foul tasting water after six years. Been replacing water filter regularly. The water in the rest of the house is fine and the water from the faucet feeding the refrigerator also taste fine. I replaced the filter with the flow-through adapter and the flow taste remains...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is no way to flush the dispenser system out in the refrigerator I'm afraid, but if the water tastes bad and the filter has been replaced, you'll need to replace the water reservoir which is the part mounted next to the crisper drawers inside the refrigerator behind a plastic cover. This part is the part that stores the water and it can build up sediment or clear gel inside it which will make the water taste different. Below is a link to the reservoir you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for reservoir

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!