John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a JTP86 GE oven that stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a JTP86 GE oven that stopped working. The bake and broil elements have no power, as we checked them with a voltage meter. The switches have power (bake, broil and door lock. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question, it is important to me. Just wondering, the elements run off of 220v. Please, if you will, go to your homes circuit breaker box. What you are looking for is a double breaker that gives power to your oven. One side might be tripped. Breakere will look kind of crooked on one side. If that is what you found, push both breakers to off, and return to the on position. Let me know, and thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. We have been turning off and on the double breaker as we pulled the elements, so I'm afraid it is not the breaker.

Expert:  FixAll replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for choosing just answer when you checked voltages at switches could you tell me me how you did that and the exact readings? And do you have the full model by chance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. We figured it out. Its the control panel. Thank you anyway. I had requested a refund about an hour ago. Thanks again.