Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

amana model sbd20s4e will not run it is in my RV the light

amana model sbd20s4e will not run it is in my RV the light is on inside
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you hear any sounds like motors or fans running at all? Or is it 100% silent?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No noise
OK so there are 2 things that can cause this problem. Either you have a bad defrost timer or a bad thermostat control. You would need to remove the timer which is located behind the control that you turn to adjust the refrigerator temperature. There are 2 wires going to this thermostat. Disconnect the 2 wires and test continuity with a multimeter through the thermostat. If you have continuity, then the thermostat is good and you need to replace the defrost timer. If you don't have continuity, then you need to replace that thermostat.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am traveling will check tuesday
OK sounds good, but now you know what you're looking for and based on the results you'll know which one to replace.