Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a top load Maytag centennial 1yr old to the day. Stopped

Customer Question

Have a top load Maytag centennial 1yr old to the day. Stopped in middle of delicate cycle 1 shirt water in machine. Unplugged while went to church plugged up when returned. Machine just humms.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you hear the unit humming, it sounds like your drain pump is likely jammed or something is clogged. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the drain pump so that you can check inside it for a clog. You can also verify that this is the part humming. If you find nothing and it still just hums, replace the pump.

CLICK HERE for video

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?