Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a new three year old Fridgedaire gallery series dishwasher

Customer Question

I have a new three year old Fridgedaire gallery series dishwasher which was 10 minutes into a cycle and I opened it to add a couple of more items to clean. I had earlier unsecured it from the wall so I could clean behind it and had not reattached it so when I opened it up it tipped forwards and a substantial amount of water splashed out on the floor. I closed it and all the lights were flashing and it wouldn't start the cycle again so I unplugged it, waited a minute and plugged it back in. The cord did not pull so the power supply is intact however it will not light up at all when it's plugged in now and therefore isn't working. Could I have burn something out where I spilled quite a bit of water out of it and it needed the water to function? Is there a reset switch on the dishwasher somewhere? Should I drain it and see if it will reset?

Thanks

Bill
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

When it tipped over did water splash up into the door latch area?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes it did

There are 2 boards in the console, one is a button pad with a relay the other is the main control board, water may have got in there on them. What I would do is leave the power off. Take all of the screws out of the door and take the boards out of it. Lay them on something to let them dry out for several hours.

I would also take the door latch assembly out and let that dry. When you put it all back together if the control does not work what I would do Bill is bypass the door latch switches to see if that is the problem If it is then great replace those. If not I would replace the main board because that is the most likely part after the switches to have been damaged. Order your parts from repairclinic.com because they will accept returns. That way at least if you need to return a part you can.

If you have any questions at all about anything please ask me. If not then please leave a rating for me, a single rating is very important.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hey Barry

I've taken it apart and all is drying with a fan on it for the next day or so. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Bill

Thanks Bill, please do. I know this month I am going to be out 1 day. I am not sure what day that is until I get a phone call. I expect tomorrow and if it is I will not be gone all day, also I will have my phone on me and I will reply, I will be a little slower that way.

And if you see something you need to ask about do that too. Thank you for the opportunity.

Barry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hey Barry

It's put back together and working fine.

Thanks

Bill

That is good news. Glad to hear its going okay, thank you for letting me know.

Barry