Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a jenn air 36 inch cooktop. It appears that the electrical

Customer Question

I have a jenn air 36 inch cooktop. It appears that the electrical connection is not working since none of the burners are getting the spark and fan vent is not working(gas supply is working). Can you help pls.?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are exactly right that the only thing that would stop the entire cooktop spark system as well as the vent from running is for the cooktop to not be getting power. Run an extension cord to a different outlet that you know is working to make sure the cooktop is getting power. if it still won't work, you'd need to inspect the power cord or the connection where the power cord plugs into the cooktop.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?