John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My GE washer WPRE6150K2WT fills and drains but will not agitate

Customer Question

My GE washer WPRE6150K2WT fills and drains but will not agitate as it should when it's filling and will not spin when it drains.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Hello,My name is Bryan,I will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting??? Are you still researching???

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes , one more minute please.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay try a motor reset,click on this link, motor reset let me know if the motor resets and this runs.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not work.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! There are clips between the front panel and the top panel that when depressed, will allow the front panel to be removed. Can you remove the front panel, please? Once removed, you will see a metal cover over the motor. Under the cover, you will see a green flashing light on the motor control board. How many times is that light flashing between pauses, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, my wife went shopping for a new washer. I just disconnected the old machine and moved it out. Bryan sent a link to a video. The video to reset the motor did not work and ended by recommending a service call. That is when my wife left.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
I understand, thank you. If you change your mind, it may be a simple component failure. The number of flashes will tell us what the problem is.