Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer, Mod# XXXXX Ser# XXXXX

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer, Mod# XXXXX Ser# XXXXX Type-DADT-ELE-2406028-EL54

We are getting an E1 reading on the dryer and the clothes continue to be damp, need to run cycle 3 times. I opened up the bottom and vacuumed all the lint out.

It appears from reading the blogs I may need a new thermistor? Can you tell me if you think this is correct and what part# XXXXX need.

Thank You

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can you resend the model number and put a period(.) after the first 3 digits please...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The E1 error that you are seeing is caused by an open thermister, very easy to replace, it is located under the cover on the bottom, it is item 42 in the diagram below.. takes about 10 minutes to replace, you can order the correct part by clicking on the blue link below..

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory