Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a 1B650SS ice maker KIM450 relay willnot work on this

I have a 1B650SS ice maker KIM450 relay willnot work on this compressor.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The capacitor on that unit is likely a run capacitor and not necessary to use. If you can please double check that model number I can verify that for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the model #of the ice maker is 1B650ss the serial number is XXXXX the part # XXXXX the start relay(current) is 184S-8.

Thank you. I found it, the model is actually IB650SS made by Edgestar. Sorry for the confusion. That compressor is one that actually does require a start capacitor. The parts breakdown do not list a replacement relay, but you could install a generic starter with the start capacitor included, available below. The parts information is below, too.

Generic Start Kit <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE START KIT

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!