Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire Gasherllery series model# XXXXX front

I have a Frigidaire Gasherllery series model# XXXXX front loading washer that is not going through the spin cycle. The washer fills, goes through wash & rinse cycles and drains fine but no spin. After some research I found it could be a couple of things, one the spin speed switch might have gone out or something about the door hardware. Do any of these remarks sound right?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you tell me a few more things about your condition please? When the washer finishes, does the tub still drain all the water out even though it's not spinning? Of course the clothes will still be soaking wet, but is the tub filled with water also? Also, what does the basket do when the washer should be spinning? Does the basket just sit there and do nothing? Does it go back and forth? etc...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer does drain all the water out of the tub. When it should be spinning, the tub does nothing, it remains motionless.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so believe it or not, the problem is your door latch assembly. There is a PTC sensor that gets checked just before the spin cycle built into the latch assembly. If it doesn't give the correct reading to the motor control board, the washer will not attempt to spin or turn the basket and the washer just shuts off and ends the cycle. You'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly to solve this problem.

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc, fallowed your direction, got the part out and am in the process of ordering new part. Hopefully this will solve my problem. Thanks a whole lot. Is there still a chance that it could be the spin speed sensor? If so where would this be located ?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Not on this model. The unit is still washing which means the motor is good as well as the control board. If a speed sensor were bad, the tub would actually turn back and forth trying to balance the load when it should be spinning as well--just for reference.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.