Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our Maytag Bravo makes a strange squeaking sound when agitating,

Our Maytag Bravo makes a strange squeaking sound when agitating, it almost sounds like a bleating sheep. What could be causing that?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is the noise only during the agitation portion and not during spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, just during agitation.
OK so you're going to want to check the gear pulley on the bottom of the washer. It's above a plastic cover and if the center bolt gets loose, it will start to made odd noises. Other than that, the only other thing that would make noises during agitate and not spin is the gear case itself (transmission) so it would need to be replaced if there is nothing wrong with the pulley. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the cover and such so that you can check the pulley.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Doc! I'll check that out. Thanks for the video, too.
No problem and I wish you only the best.