Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Our jennair stove was working perfectly and then the power

Our jennair stove was working perfectly and then the power went out last week. Since then we are not able to preheat the oven over 190 degrees. Can't change the per disclosed temps. How can I get it back to normal?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? Also, does this oven have a cooktop and if so does the cooktop still work normally?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure of the model number and yes it has a cooktop
OK is the cooktop heating still? And if you turn the oven to broil, does broil still heat?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The cooktop heating is still working and the broil is working but only up to 290 degrees
Oh ok, so you can't set it higher than 290 degrees which means that the unit is in Celsius. You should just need to open the door and then press and hold the broil button for 5 seconds to change the unit from Celsius to Fahrenheit. If that doesn't work, I'd really need your model number to see if your particular model changes differently.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Baking is the bro blew not broil. When my wife starts to preheat the oven there are only 2 options. Left side says 175 and right side says 190. It used not list them and she would manually enter a per bake heat setting
OK so this is just a faulty control board. Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, your display control board would need to be ordered and replaced and the part is usually about $250 or so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok gonna try to do that give me a few
OK good luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That did not work and it went back to same thing. It definitely is in Celsius so I think when the power went out it just went to Celsius so do you have any idea how to get it back to farhanheit
Pressing and holding the broil button for 5 seconds is how to normally turn it back. if that doesn't work, then you need to replace the control board because it shorted out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is that something normal to happen when the power goes out?
yes, that is quite common when you have a power outage or power surge unfortunately. Control boards are very sensitive to that sort of thing.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so I should just order a control board then?
Aye. If you're handy enough to install the display control board, you'll want to order it because it will need to be replaced. But you'll need the full model number to order the correct control board. The full model is located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer/panel below the door if there is one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks
No problem and I'm really sorry to hear about your oven today, but I do wish you only the best.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!