Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my miele incognito dishwasher has the intake/drain light flashing.

Customer Question

my miele incognito dishwasher has the intake/drain light flashing. I've emptied the filters and basically done everything I can find on the internet to do but still, after I turn it on within 5 minutes the lights are flashing. can you help with this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

ok lets find out what this error code is.

Hold the power off button for 5 seconds... wait 15 seconds.

hold buttons 2 and 3 while turning the machine on--- release the buttons once the salt light and the intake/drain light begin to flash.

Press 5
Press 1

one of the program buttons 1-5 will be lit up-- if not press 6
which light is lit up now?

give me the results and tell me if you pressed 6 or not.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

had to press 6

4 and 6 are flashing

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK start a cycle and wait for it to stop with the flashing lights. How high is the water compared to the bottom of the filter handle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the handle is under water

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so that's a problem. The error code is telling you that the dishwasher doesn't think it's triggering the heater level switch properly. This switch is pushed down by the force from the circulation pump. If you didn't have enough water, that would cause this problem, but you're definitely getting enough water. Unfortunately that means your circulation pump isn't creating the pressure needed and the circulation pump will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just tried it again. the water level is just under the handle. does that make a difference?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Not really unless it's an inch or below below the handle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I'll call Miele tomorrow to arrange for a service tech. Thanks

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

No problem and I'm sorry about the bad news.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?