Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model PFSS6PKWBSS. I just

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model PFSS6PKWBSS. I just had a GE serviceman out and he replaced the panel with the fans in the back of the freezer compartment. I now have water gathering under the deli/produce bin. I removed the flat panel under the bin by removing a single screw, there is a small square hole in the bottom that I think is the drain hole but it has cardboard covering it from the bottom. I don't know if I should try and clear the cardboard out so it can drain or if it is supposed to be there.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Now I want to say that removing this panel can be very difficult. You may need to use a hair dryer and thaw out the panel for 30 minutes or so because sometimes the ice will prevent it from pulling off. There are sometimes 2 screws at the bottom of this panel that you need to remove and then it's just clipped in all the way around so you must pry and pull. Once you have the panel off, pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is #97 a large piece that covers most of the back of the fridge?

Yes, that is correct.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got the #97 piece off and cleaned out the drain but there is a small rectangular opening about 1" x 2" just below the coils that has ice in it, can I pour hot water in there?
You can, yes. use a hair dryer or shoot hot water with a turkey baster to clean out all the ice and make sure it's draining. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the help got it all back together and will wait and see if we continue to get water leaking.
OK awesome, glad it's all back together again.