Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Our washer is starting the "wash cycle" prior to the water

Our washer is starting the "wash cycle" prior to the water filling. In fact, it starts the wash cycle from the second you start the wash. We have tried to put it on every setting, including extra wash, but it starts the "wash cycle" right away, and after the spin cycle finishes, it dumps extra water in. Not sure if it is an issue with the dial. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look around and in the washer for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams. Then I will be able see all the parts too.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks like Model: WTW58ESUW1 and Serial: CY3940426

Great that works, give me just a few minutes to type and upload/link a file for you.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure thing, thank you!

The washer must not have water in the tub so if there is water in there drain it out. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Click the link below and scroll down. That will show you how to get the top the washer where the controls are opened. Actually more than that but that is as far as you need to go. Be sure the washer is unplugged.

Once you have the control panel open look to the right side. You will see a part with some wires and a tube. Pull that tube off and blow through it to be sure it is not clogged. Put the tube back on and try it. If it works you are done, if not then the part the tube was attached to is bad and telling the agitator to start before it is time to start. That is the water level control and what it does is sense the water/air pressure in that tube as the water level rises. Then at the correct pressure/moment it starts the motor so the washer agitates.

CLICK HERE THEN SCROLL DOWN

If you have any questions at all about anything please ask me. If not then please leave a rating for me, a single rating is very important.

Thank you,
Barry