Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

SAMSUNG DISHWASHER MODEL DMR57LFS/XAA, PURCHASED 7/28/08.

SAMSUNG DISHWASHER MODEL DMR57LFS/XAA, PURCHASED 7/28/08. IN THE PAST YEAR I HAVE HAD THIS UNIT SERVICED TWICE FOR ERROR CODE 9E. IT IS SHOWING THAT CODE AGAIN. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.

NANCY VROOMAN
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So error 9E is an error with low water level. You could have a bad flow meter, bad pressure switch, or a bad water valve, and of course bad water pressure coming from your house. The first thing you need to do is just open the door when the error code flashes. The floor should be covered in a layer of water and if it's way too high and almost touching the bottom of the dish rack, you need to replace the pressure switch. If the water really is too low, make sure you have good water pressure to the dishwasher and if so, you're down to the flow meter or the electronic water valve. It would be nearly impossible to know which one is at fault since you can't test them, but I would start with replacing the flow meter and if the problem persists, replace the valve.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WHEN THAT HAPPENS I TURN IT OFF AND THEN BACK ON AGAIN, AFTER 2 - 4 TIMES OF DOING THAT IT WILL CONTINUE THE CYCLE. DOES THAT NARROW YOUR ANSWER ANY? THANKS, NANCY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Unfortunately it really doesn't narrow the possibilities down all that much but it does mean that your pressure switch is likely not the problem. By turning it on 2-4 times, you're just giving it more time to fill or the flow meter to read that it's filling so really most of the possibilities are still there but unlikely the pressure switch is the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU

No problem and I wish you only the best.