Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my frigidaire washing machine, model # XXXXX wont go

my frigidaire washing machine, model # XXXXX wont go into the spin cycle. It agitates, drains fine. Doesn't spin on any spin setting. No kink in hose and the detergent door is fully closed.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this appears to be a front load washer made by Frigidaire. Can you tell me a few more things about your condition please? When the washer finishes, does the tub still drain all the water out even though it's not spinning? Of course the clothes will still be soaking wet, but is the tub filled with water also? Also, what does the basket do when the washer should be spinning? Does the basket just sit there and do nothing? Does it go back and forth? etc...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the tub drains all the water out. The basket just sits there - does not agitate.

OK so believe it or not, the problem is your door latch assembly. There is a PTC sensor that gets checked just before the spin cycle built into the latch assembly. If it doesn't give the correct reading to the motor control board, the washer will not attempt to spin or turn the basket and the washer just shuts off and ends the cycle. You'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly to solve this problem.

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?