Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My older Maytag Fridge seems to have stopped working. It is

My older Maytag Fridge seems to have stopped working. It is Model MSD2756GEW. The freezer is still frozen, and refrigerator still feels somewhat cool (even in the warm garage), but it's nowhere near cold enough. I checked the temperature setting, and the setting is on 9, which says "coldest." I'm hoping the fridge can be saved. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I hear the fan. I see no frost. Now, inside the freezer, the mechnism itself is not visible, but is behind a panel. Should I remove that panel and check for frost there? (I would have done it already, but have to leave for church... but wanted to get you this little bit of information right away)

Thanks!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, remove the rear panel (number 20) and see if the evaporator is frosted over. Let me know what you find, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great, you have a defrost problem. Do you have a meter to test for continuity with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thought I did... can't find it. If it's a cheap part you're suspecting is the problem, I'm willing to just change buy it and change it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, it is usually the defrost control board that is at fault. It is at the top of the fresh food compartment in the RR corner. That part is available below. Once you thaw that evaporator coil, cooling will be restored for about 1 week, allowing time to get the part ordered.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Defrost Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!