John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My whirlpool microwave model mh2175xsq-4

Customer Question

My whirlpool microwave model mh2175xsq-4 door will not close, it seems that both latches are already closed or something like that. Is there a way to release the latches?
Samantha
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Are you saying it will not close or will not stay closed for you to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will not close. You do not hear it latch or anything, when you push the door to shut, it just swings right back open.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
On the door itself, the 2 catches that go into the microwave, they should feel like a spring is pulling down on them when you try to move it up, can you feel it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. But it feels like they are just plastic and will break if you pull up on them too hard.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out on this one, I cannot find a good diagram for it, just set there and another expert will be with you shortly. Sorry.
Chas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back. Good afternoon, the issue would be the interlock assembly that's number 11 on this diagram this is what locks the door and holds it shut once the door is closed, Support W10156813 Main Product Viewnow theres also a piston assembly you need to check out before ordering that. number 12. will need to open up the control panel to check these. can you do that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not know how to do that.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay , sorry that's what needs to be looked at. you can get a refund if you wish I will put one in for you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay thanks.