Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a amana washer it runs fine but I have aleak, I am not

I have a amana washer it runs fine but I have aleak, I am not sure if its the hose or pump. But need to find out how to open it up so I can check.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

At the top front there are 2 retaining clips. About an inch from the edge on the right side between the top and the front press in with a putty knife. Shining a flashlight will help you locate where to press while pulling on the front.

Repeat for the other side and the front will then tilt top first toward you and out. That will get you in there.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Tom that may be correct to the point of instead of pulling on the front lift on the top while pressing each point. It is difficult to tell from the diagram which it is but it will be one or the other. The clips are there.

If the top lifts then look down inside to the right and left corners, you will see a screw on each side. Remove those and then the front will come off.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Barry I did as you stated and was able to get top up and front door to tilt out and lid to lift. but it has to door comp. on the front and I cant figure how to remove them to have accsest. do you have a video showing how

Optional Information:
Brand: amana
Type of Appliance: Washer
Model Number: alw896saw
What have you tried so far?: Got top lid to open

No video Tom I looked all over the places I knew, let me refer you to another tech and maybe he will have one or see something I am missing. Just a few minutes.

Thanks,
Barry
Are you trying to remove the bottom cover on the front of the machine?