Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Cannot get kenmore elite dishwasher to run when stopped to

Cannot get kenmore elite dishwasher to run when stopped to add dish. Opened door and pushed start and closed door within 3 seconds. Also tried stop - doing the same. Keeps blinking when door opened or closed. Help
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Which lights are blinking on the door exactly? Does the start light go solid for 3 seconds when you press the start button? Or?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No keeps blinking. I just want this 1 time help. I do not want to subscribe. Is this o.k.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No light keeps blinking. 4 hour delay &start

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Light keeps blinking. Lights blinking are 4 hr delay & start

Yes, you are not signed up for a subscription. But that being said, the light should turn solid when you press the start button, even if it didn't think that the door was shut. Then it should flash after 3 seconds if the door hasn't been shut. If it won't stop flashing your touchpad itself is just bad and it's not sensing that you press the start button. The entire touchpad would need to be ordered and replaced to fix this issue I'm afraid to say.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!