Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Kenmore Dishwasher model 665.13019K110 will fill with water

My Kenmore Dishwasher model 665.13019K110 will fill with water but the wash cycle does not start. If I hit the "cancel" button it pumps all the water out and shuts off. Any Ideas or suggestions? I tested the door switch, the indicator lights are working on the front panel. This unit just barely over a year old!
Thank you in advance!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Do you have a hi-temp wash and a heated dry button on your control panel?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes,

There is both a "high temp" button and a "heated dry " button

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
close the door and press the following buttons within 6 secods of the first button push.

hi temp
heated dry
hi temp
heated dry.

Let me know what happens after the last button push

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK, Give me a minute. I had the inner door panel off.Sorry, I do NOT have a "high temp" button. It is an opion by pressing the "options" button several times

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Okay, close the door, then press the first 3 keys in sequence like 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with in 6 seconds
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Left to right or right to left? There is a "select cycle" button kind of by itself towards the center of the machine. There is another group of three buttons from right side going to the left. From Right to left I have:

Cancel Start Heated Dry Options Select

Drain Cycle

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Lets do this instead, if you remove teh kick panel under the dishwasher door, there should be a tech sheet attached to it, I need the number off the top right hand corner of it...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

W10350143A and W10350144A

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
graphic

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK I understand how to put it in diagnostic mode. I did the XXXXXXXXX All LEDS came on for about 5 seconds then some went out. I have a flashing "clean"

"start, 1 Hour wash, and Pots/Pans LED's are on solid

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Is it making any noises now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It sounded like it started a cycle. I hears water filling then it stopped. That is what it's been doing. I here a "click" sound after the water stops. Sounds like a relay but nothing happens. It just stops at that point

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
You are going to need to replace the wash motor, that has gone bad, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It just started running again about 4-5 minutes after I did the XXXXXXXXX /p>

I didn't push any more buttons? It ran for about 3 min and now it has stopped or paused?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
DId it pump water through the spray arms?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I had them out trying to clean any filters or debris in the bottom so I don't know

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Try running something like a rinse cycle

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I didn't see a rinse cycle so I ran a 1 hour wash. It seems to have done the same thing. Fill with water then stop. I keep hearing a faint clicking sound

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

That is the control unit trying to get the wash motor started, I am afraid is it jammed up or burnt out. most likely burnt out..

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech