Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, and colored towels are coming

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer, and colored towels are coming out with bleached out stains, like the bleach from a previous cycle is dumping into a colored wash. Any thoughts?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
can you remove the top of the washer and see if the dispenser actuator is stuck ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can pull out the detergent sliding dispenser and there's water standing in the bleach compartment after a cycle. But there's a stacked dryer on top of the frontloading washer. - I don't know how to view the dispenser actuator.

okay so theres water in the bleach part of the dispenser ? run a load without clothes and let it run all the way through (no soap or bleach added) and when that done take a look at the dispenser, is there still water in it ? if not wait a few hours and check it again, if theres water in it then the fill valve is leaking water into it. Water Inlet Valve(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewyou either have a bad valve, a bad dispenser actuator or the lines running to the drum from the dispenser are clogged.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Running the cycle now, thanks. I guess if there's still standing water after this I need a technician to come to the house, right?

Unfortunately if you cant take the dryer down and open the top of the washer you will probably need to call someone. any of the parts I mentioned will require the dryer to come off. sorry.