Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Frigidaire washer. Very noisy when drum is spinning, remove

Frigidaire washer. Very noisy when drum is spinning, remove back panel, one piece of plastic shell broken , glue it back .Still noisy, drum makes a squeaky noise ans is touching at one point. Drum does not seem to be off centered.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can you feel the drum when turning by hand it making noise or feeling vibrations?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hen I turn the drum by hand, I feel at one spot that it is touching something metallic.

You have a bad bearing in the tub then, very common problem with Frigidaire washers, it is only going to get louder the more you use it,,, you will need to replace the rear outer tub to repair this problem, not an easy feat to do... There are some places that sell repair kits to replace only the bad bearing and not the complete tub, however I have never used them so I cannot say it is safe to do... you can order the rear out tub at the following blue link, they do ship to Canada...

CLick Here

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank for info. Washer is 9 years old, should I get it fixed or replace with a new one and which make would be more reliable and recommended?

I would not repair a 9 year old washer, I would go with a Samsung or LG direct drive washing machine, more reliable than anything on the market today...