Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a question with our stove. It is a GE electric flattop

I have a question with our stove. It is a GE electric flattop with electric oven. I have power to the appliance, the clock is on and when you turn the knobs for the burners to come on the lights light up, but the elements do not heat up either on top or in the oven. Is the a breaker of fuse somewhere in the stove?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The only thing that would stop both the oven and cooktop from heating is if the oven was only getting 120 volts instead of 240 volts. You'll need to try to flip the circuit breaker to the oven on your house off and back on. If that doesn't reset it, then you need to pull the oven forward and check the power cord where it connects to the back of the oven to see if there is a broken wire or something. For some reason, the oven is not getting 240 volts from your house, but you may need an electrician to determine where it's being lost.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!