Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a 25cu ft whirlpool gold refrig 4.5 yrs old. quite 1.5

Customer Question

I have a 25cu ft whirlpool gold refrig 4.5 yrs old. quite 1.5 weeks ago, ordered new control board. the interior lights/door alarm was acting up 1st, then stopped working at all. while waiting on new board, it just started working again?quite after 2 days again. new board came, installed. front led display@ water/ice dipenser says PEO 000 no controls work, but you can push up arrow on refrig temp adj shows water, water will dispense. push down shows ice, ice will dispense. no cooling or freezeing. I read lots feedback on web stating it was a board issue with these refrig. I put old board back in, its still dead whats wrong?
got a bad board?
thermostat?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Dewayne my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Did you get an instruction sheet to program your board?

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no? it came, very simple 4 plug wires. no tools needed. had no instructions with it

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Give me a few more minutes. I need to see which control you have.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, you may have to to supply me with program directions. does the front led display of PEO for freezer temp 000 on refrig temp controls sound familiar due to needing programmed?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Oh yes, very familiar. I was just informed that the sheet does not ship with the part anymore. Please be patient, I do have the instructions and will get them to you. I just need to get the right set for your control.

Hang in there with me a bit.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yup, sounds like me, got the part, no instructions. ok. thanx

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
I know the feeling, I have linked a copy for your model below. Take your time and read carefully, try more than one time if it fails the first 2 or 3. The biggest mistake you can make is not taking the time to do everything it says on that sheet. Your model's code is located on the model serial sticker in the fresh food section after the word code.

CLICK HERE FOR FILE

If you get stuck please use the reply to expert link, if my information helps you then please leave a rating for me, it makes a huge difference.

Thanks,
Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

I cannot email, look to the bottom of the page and contact customer service. I believe they can email it to you, it violates my user agreement. I am a user too, its just that I am a technical user on the other end. Justanswer is the middleman.

If you are on a desktop you can open the file, press CTRL and P to print the document. Lastly you can save this page to your favorites/bookmarks.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hey you did not send me the link!! need it i am at work
thanx Dewayne
program board for whirlpool gold refrig
attn: does it matter my display led front does not look like the one you sent me?
same steps to program?

need to email me the link to program board!!
I have ask 3 times, at work today

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

It is up there in the post above Dewayne and below now. Click where it says click here. That will get you to the file. Have a safe shift at work.

Yes you should have the same buttons named in the sheet even if the image is different. That is a base sheet for many models.

CLICK HERE FOR FILE

Thanks,
Barry

Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dewayne, This is a courtesy follow up from Barry.

I was wondering if my answer helped and if you were happy?

Thanks,
Barry