Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a duet sport washer that wont power up. The only thing

I have a duet sport washer that wont power up. The only thing that will work is the lock out switch and light. I have checked for loose wires and found nothing. I have removed the top of the washer and listened for the click from the CCU and there is one although it isn't very loud ( I would say if the lid were on the machine, I might not be able to hear the click). I also removed all the cables from the CCU and hit them with electronic parts cleaner. I have also checked the continuity on the door switch and found nothing wrong.
I removed the lower cover to check wires and while I was there I checked the filter near the pump and found it full of coins and crap.
Any advice on where to go from here will be appreciated.
Thank You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Did it stop in the middle of a load or just when you went to start it you found this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It worked well before we moved to our new house. Now, nothing

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
WIll it let you put it into the diagnostic mode?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure how to do that. So far the only thing that works is the red light when I hold the lock out switch for 3 seconds.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
graphic

See if that gets you in..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No,I tried it with the power switch and the delay wash switch and neither worked

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
So you can turn the lock out light on and off, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
For the life of me, everything points to a bad CCU on the unit, but happening after just transporting it to a new loaction does not make sense... I mean that anything can happen enroute, maybe jarring something loose in the CCU. I would replace the CCU on the unit, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

By purchasing the CCU from Repair Clinic, they will allow you to return it for a full refund if I am wrong, I don't believe I am, but I would want to play it safe...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could the problem be in the control panel?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
That was my first thought, however you can turn off the lock light and back on, I am not saying it is not, but the symptoms are not showing that, there are no tests that can be sure of this problem. I would say more than the lock light would work if it was damaged...'

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My CCU has the number W10112075REL will the part you suggested work?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It crosses over to the one I show...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the CCU and still have the same problem. I removed the back panel of the washer to double check the wire connections to the MCU and found nothing. I got some advice from another appliance repair forum to disconnect the MCU from the CCU by unplugging the M13 connector to see if the washer would try to power up without the MCU attached to eliminate the MCU as the problem and still got nothing.
I'm not sure what I did but I did get some power to the control panel for a short time. All I got was a number 1 in the display and all the lights lit up. The only switch that would work is the "end of cycle signal button". It would make the beep louder and quieter. That lasted for about 30 seconds then there was a beep and now I'm back to square 1with no power at all.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
George, everything is still pointing to the CCU, but again you eliminated the MCU as the problem,,I would then return the CCU and order a User Interface and try that, it would be a first for me, but let me know.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is a user interface?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
THe control panel

Click Here

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does the number 1 showing up on the display mean anything to you?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
There is no code with a 1 in it. I have never heard of it..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now you have.....lol

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
You got me... LOL

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I unplugged the MCU and the washer didnt try to start or I got no power does that mean the MCU is ok?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
If the unit won't [ower up with the mcu connected then MCU should be okay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'll order a new control panel and see how that goes.....I'll let you know

Thanx for the help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I found a control panel for a WFW8300SW04. Will it work in my WFW8410SW01?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did more research and found the answer is no. Looks alike but for some reason it's not a match.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
this is suppose to be for your model.

Click Here
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I've changed the CCU and the User interface and it still wont power up. When I push power I get a 1 in the display window and then the machine shuts off after about 5 seconds. I was able to put the washer into diagnostic mode and everything lights up and a 88 displays in the window.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
When you get the 88 in the display, does it blank out on you after a lit bit?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes. I figure because of the two new components, that it has no history available.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
does the door lock for you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I've done a continuity test on the wires and all seems to be right.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I know it latches and it isn't loose. Whether it actually locks, I would say no because I am able to open it with no problem.

I am able to open the door when I have the 88 showing on the display and it's in diagnostic mode.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
It should lock and not be able to be open when in diagnostic mode. it the little button broken off the lock??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure what button your asking about but on the machine it has a push button that is there and below that is where the door side of the latch slides in.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Be right back
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Above the door lock opening, there is a button, it should be sticking out about 1/2 inch or so..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, a push button

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
I went to a customers home today and checked their washer that is almost identical to your washer, I could put it into diagnostics and do everything with the door closed, however if I tried the diagnostics with the door open, the 88 came up then it shut down a short time later, I was not there for their washer but for their dryer so I tried to see what happens then..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So you think my door switch is the problem?

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
Very possible it is the problem..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I changed the door switch and i'm still getting the same "1" when I push the power button

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.
I am going to opt out, as I am out of possibilities on this problem, maybe one of my coworkers here may know what I am missing...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I ask somebody else?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! Sorry for the delay in responding to you. One thing that may have been overlooked is the polarity in your wall outlet, especially since you had no issues until moving into the new home. Do you have a meter to test voltage with?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I do, but I'm not home right now. I will probably be home late tonight.

Kelly, have you ever heard of a "1" in the display at start up? I've researched the web and evidently I am the first person in history to have this problem.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Lots of strange things can happen with polarity and grounding issues. When you get home, in each outlet, you will see two straight holes, one larger than the other. The smaller hole should be on the right and the round ground hole at the bottom. Test between the small straight hole and the round one. Do you read 120 VAC there?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Kelly,

Yes, I do get 122.3v thru the outlet

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Did you test the small hole and the round hole?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, the small hole and the one on the right. Nothing out of the left

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so the ground and polarity are good. It appears that the issue lies with the main control unit. Was it doing the same thing with the old control in it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When I first had the problem I got absolutely nothing out of the power button and was not able to put the machine into the diagnostic mode. Then I changed the CCU, I was able to,once in a while, get the "1" to show up in the display for about 5 seconds then shut back off when I pushed the power button but still no diagnostics mode. When I changed the control panel I could get the "1" to show every time I pushed power and stay on for 5 seconds then turn back off and the machine was able to go into diagnostics mode where i got a "88" to show up. Then i switched the door switch and that changed nothing.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
I think it may be worth getting a different control under warranty and try another control.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Should I try the original one again? I'm not sure it was bad to begin with. I did get the click when I plugged the machine in.

Could the MCU be my problem?

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
Sure, try the old one again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That did it! Evidently the replacement ccu was either bad or the whong item number. Ill have to send it back. Thanx to you and Chas for the help.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.
That is great news!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!