Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GE QuietPower3 and the lights keep going off - I open

I have a GE QuietPower3 and the lights keep going off - I open the door, close it and the lights are on for about a minute and then they just go dark. It even does this in the wash process and then the wash does not complete - the detergent door is still closed and dishes are dirty...please help!

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

I am assuming that you are pressing the start button after closing the door?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When the display comes on, is there a small red light next to the heated dry lit also?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No - all green
Press and hold the heated dry button for 5 seconds, then try a cycle..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's running now, it has done this before where it quit sometime during the night and then I restarted it in the morning and it ran so I don't know if this fixed it
The problem is in the start button itself, it is starting to go bad on the unit, very common on this model, you will need to replace the touch pad assembly on it,, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory