Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

WHIRLPOOL WASHER WFW94HEXW2 F01 E02 error codes (probably MCU?)

WHIRLPOOL WASHER WFW94HEXW2 F01 E02 error codes (probably MCU?) but when unplugged to see if it cleared, will not power up, at all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Even using the key dance to put it into diagnostics will not come up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I don't know what the key dance is, however, I believe that to be irrelevant because it simply has no power to it...the power to the outlet is fine (no breakers popped, other appliances will work when using that same outlet)...no "powering on" sounds coming from it...just blank.

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
graphic

See what it does please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I did try that before, but re-plugged the machine and attempted it again - machine remains dark and silent.

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
For the unit not to power up is going to be the CCU and not the MCU causing you the problem. You can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

the original error codes were the F01 and E02 - is it possible (or likely) that it is the MCU also?

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
I am going to doubt it, But it could have gotten a false code from the CCU that it couldn't communicate, if the MCU was bad it would still power up though...

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay...let me give you the last bit of omitted info...my wife was the one who reported the error codes. The machine had started washing (clothes got fully wet) but she never heard it going to wash...that's when she got the codes. Using the owner's manual, she figured out how to get the door open and the wet clothes out. Those codes remained in the display. She read somewhere on-line about the key-dance and attempted it, which didn't work. After unplugging it twice (both times the machine came on and showed all of the lights) that third time is when it wouldn't come on. I don't know if this changes anything, I just wanted to make sure that you had all of the info to make an informed determination. I know I'm grasping here, is there a chance the poser cord has loosened causing those errors?

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
I guess you can see if the outlet is still live that it is plugged into, I never asked that?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yeah...tried that...lol...figured it might be a stretch. So, replacing the CCu should fix it....is there any way to be sure, other than just trying that, first?

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Just replacing it is the only way, they don't give pin outs for testing on these models...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay, thank you...last question...difficulty in replacing the unit?

Expert:  Chas replied 10 months ago.
Takes 10 to 20 minutes to do.

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech