Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

defy autodry tumble dryer dtd254 stopped working. please h

Customer Question

defy autodry tumble dryer dtd254 stopped working. please help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! If it has totally quit working, you may have a faulty door switch or a control issue. If you open and close the door, can you hear the switch click?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the switch is fine. i have opened the appliance and found that the belt holding the inner drum in place has somehow come loose. Do you know how i can fix it?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
There is likely a belt switch that has opened because the belt is off. Is the belt broken because they usually do not just slip off. There is likely to be a worn idler tensioner pulley if it is not broken. I have even seen the pulleys come off the motor shaft, too!