Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a single wire igniter too on my kitchenaid gas oven.

Customer Question

I have a single wire igniter too on my kitchenaid gas oven. How to check if my spark igniter is bad? How to check if DSI board is bad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Does the broil light when when it clicks 2 times?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. it does not light. I do not smell any gas either.

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
If bake and Broil are not working then it is not a bad ignitor, it is a bad DSI board causing your problems. you can order a replacement by clicking on the blue link below

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I need to test the gas valve for resistance ( 215 ohms/) before ordering DSI board?

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
You would still have the clicking noise on both bake and broil, you do not have that...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is this board located and How to remove it? I am looking at the back and can not see it.

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
here is a video

Click here

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you on your problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may have more questions after I install the DSI board you have suggested just in case that does not work. It may take a few more days.Thanks!

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
I will be waiting to hear from you...
Chas