Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

We have a Jenn-Air Electric Downdraft Slide-in Range

We have a Jenn-Air Electric Downdraft Slide-in Range and have just finished using the boiler and when we push the cancel button nothing happens. It was not on the time cycle. Thanks John XXXXXX***@******.***

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have a model number? does the range make any sound when trying to cancel ? can you push any of the other buttons on the clock display and get them to function?

JACUSTOMER-3k2nhvgs- :

I don't know what happened but when I tried to anwser your questions it won't type in. I don't know what the Model# ***** ***** were to find it as the oven is still very hot. It makes no sound when I try to cancel it. No they didn't work. I finally went down and turn the power off and that work to stop the oven when I turn it back on. Rangr/oven was installed about seven years ago. Thanks John

Randy 43 :

When you turn the breaker back on does it continue to heat?

Randy 43 :

model number is ***** around the storage drawer area

JACUSTOMER-3k2nhvgs- :

No storage drawer but the Model # ***** The shutting off the breaker and back did not turn it off, so I've have shut the breaker off. Thanks John

Randy 43 :

so there is no "beep" or any sound when you press the cancel pad?

Randy 43 :

did you have the breaker off for a few minutes or more?

Randy 43 :

if not? then leave it off for a few minutes and let me know if it still comes on? thx

JACUSTOMER-3k2nhvgs- :

Hi its been off for more than 5 minutes and when I turn the breaker on it came back on so I've turn it off. John

Randy 43 :

If you have left it off for 5 minutes and it still comes on then the relay on the main board is fused together providing power to the element continuously , you will need to get the main board replaced

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board 74007234        Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board 74007234

RepairClinic Item #1009042 (OEM Part)

$245.45

Core Deposit $35

Electronic clock control board

Manufacturer Number 74007234

More

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]