Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag model #MFW9700SB0 is filling and retaining water

My Maytag model #MFW9700SB0 is filling and retaining water when there is no load in it and the machine is off. We recently moved and I am not sure how the washer was transported. could this have caused the problem and how can I fix it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is only one thing that can cause this problem, and it's your electronic water valve. In some cases the solenoid on the water valve will start failing to seal up and it will allow water to get past the solenoid and into the tub when the machine is off. There is no way to fix this issue but to replace the valve so below is a link to the valve you'd need to order and replace. It's the part on the back of your washer that your fill hoses directly connect to.

CLICK HERE for valve

To replace the water valve, remove the top of the washing machine. Three screws hold the top down. The screws that hold the top down are on the back of the top panel. Once removed the top will slide back and off. Now remove the wire harness that connects to the valve. One screw holds the valve to the washers cabinet. Removing the screw and sliding the valve over will release the valve from the back panel enabling you to complete your repair.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!