Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have an Inglis gas dryer that ignites a flame, but is does

I have an Inglis gas dryer that ignites a flame, but is does not broadcast far into the burner tube. the dryer is a model X075501.

I have replaced the gas valve solenoids and the confirmed continuity across the high limit thermostat. There are two sensors at the discharge from the fan. One has 5 wires and the other three wires. How do I check these sensors?

Again, I get gas burning, but no intensity.

Thank you,

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi Steve, Ok so your saying there is a problem with the air flow? or the flame starts then stops?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no air flow problem. the flame ignites but is low in intensity. It burns blue into the diffuser (looks like an upside down table spoon) and does not burn very far into the burner tube. there is little-to-no yellow flame.

That would normally be because the airflow has a problem such as a blockage either this or the valve is bad.

Is the lint filter in the top panel or inside the door?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the lint filter is inside the top panel at the back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I check the valve?

Ok pull the unit out from the wall then disconnect the vent in the rear, next set the dryer on a 30 minute timed cycle and look through the spy hole in the front, let me know if the flame improves or if it is the same.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done that this morning. the discharge duct is removed, the rear panel is off and (there is a lower panel at the front) and the front is opened.

there is lots of air coming thru the dryer and the discharge duct is clear (not attached presently). i will be back in 2 minutes...going to turn on dryer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no difference. the flame is small and blue and no appreciable heat to the dryer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX? or conversely, can I call you directly?

Ok, you say you have the back off the machine and the link filter it on the top panel, now pull the lint filter out and remove the 2 screws under the lint filter, then go around back there will be 4 screws holding the lint filter tube in place, remove the screws and pull the lint filter housing out. once out at the base of the lint filter housing where it joins on to the blower housing see if there is a blockage, if there are debris clean the housing out then re install it and try the machine again on a 30 minute timed cycle.

If the flame improves you are all set, if the flame does not improve the valve is bad and will need to be replaced. There is no way to test the valve, But by process of elimination it will be your valve.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

I am sorry Steve it is against site policy for me to contact customers directly or on any other platform then here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it is the gas valve.

there were no obstructions in the air path.