Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

tHE FREEZER FAN IN MY GE GTH18EBTZRWW REFRIGERATOR MAKES A

tHE FREEZER FAN IN MY GE GTH18EBTZRWW REFRIGERATOR MAKES A LOUD NOISE. The refrigerator is 2 years old. When I turn it off and let the freezer heat up the noise stops. What is the potential problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Are you talking about the fan inside the freezer? or the fan around the rear of the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fan inside the freezer.

Thanks Jonathan.

The problem will be either the evaporator fan is caked in ice causing the noise or the motor is faulty.

Remove the lower panel in the rear of the freezer, you will see the evaporator fan located at the top of the evaporator. If caked in frost or ice grab a hairdryer and thaw the frost out, If there is no frost try repositioning the fan blade, If that does not help replace the fan motor.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does this have anything to do with the temperature settings or is it just because the weather has been humid lately?

Because the weather has been humid, The moisture will condense inside the freezer.

Thanks!

Mike.