Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Frigidaire stackable washer is blowing the capacitor when

Frigidaire stackable washer is blowing the capacitor when spinning
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the run capacitor only blows for one reason, and that's if the motor is going bad. You can't always test to determine that the motor is going back, but if the capacitor continues to fail, you need to order and replace the main drive motor for the washer I'm afraid. The spin setting has different windings on the motor than the wash setting which is why it will run through wash and just not through the spin cycle.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!