Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Gemini free standing double oven range, Model

I have a Maytag Gemini free standing double oven range, Model #MER6769BAW. The lower element in the lower oven will not get warm and we've had the element tested and supposedly it is okay. The oven gets to about 220, on the upper element only. Any suggestions on what it might be? The upper oven works fine.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the broil option still works and the upper element heats but the lower element doesn't--you either have a bad bake element or a bad relay display control board. You said the element tests good but since there are no fuses or cut outs that will stop just the bake element, your display control board will need to be replaced because it's the only other part that can cause the problem.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that a $450 part or a $40 part?

Closer to $450 I'm afraid. The part number is XXXXX and it costs about $300-350.