Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the same problem as above except for a few things. There

I have the same problem as above except for a few things. There is no noise other than normal washer noise. Had a brand new door assembly put on and the tech started a empty wash, it went fine then I washed a load and went fine then my next load......seem a little off balance or uneven load but no real problem until the last few minutes of final spin the the rubber smell came along with the smoke and the new gasket is chewed up.
any thoughts please!!

Hi John

Angie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! If you open the door and lift up on the inner basket, does it lift up and down or is it solid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It moves
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that would be the problem. That tub should not move but be solid. On the back of that tub are three arms that make up the tub support. One or more has broken and is allowing the tub to come down and rub on the gasket. That tub will need to be replaced but that is a huge undertaking and will be expensive.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So beside the obvious, if I keep using it until I can get another will it catch on fire or anything?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will not catch fire but will eventually destroy the outer tub, if it has not already. There is also a flood potential if you keep using it.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!