Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

we have a whirlpool stove with cermic top and one of the burners no

we have a whirlpool stove with cermic top and one of the burners
no longer heats up, can it be replaced and cost.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is on.

Also, do you happen to have a multimeter to test voltage by chance?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model #RF368LXMQ Serial#RR1038404

120/208 10.0 kw 120/240 13.2 KW

Benton Harbor, MI

OK perfect. So, you either have a bad heating element or a bad switch. Now generally the burner switch that the knobs connects to shorts out and stops sending power to the burner. If you remove the back panel on the control panel, you can test power between H1 and H2 on the burner switch with a multimeter. If you have 240 volts between the 2 terminals, then you need to order and replace the element. If you do not have 240 volts, then you need to replace the burner switch. Both parts are replaceable, but if you don't have a multimeter, maybe unplug the oven and swap one of the burner switches that is working with the one that isn't working and see if that burner starts to work. That will let you know if the switch is the problem or if the burner is the problem. You can order parts at or with your full model number.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!