Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Why does my Frigidaire refrigerator beep 5 times every min

Why does my Frigidaire refrigerator beep 5 times every minute?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams. Then I will be able to see the parts that are in your refrigerator.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model No: LFUS2613LPO

The refrigerator seems to be functioning OK but the 5 beeps every minute is annoying

Thank you James, give me a few minutes to look at the diagrams for your model.

Is the refrigerator cooling normally?

Open the fresh food door and hold the light switch so the lights are out. Does the beeping continue?

Repeat for the freezer side, does it still beep?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Continues to beep even with the light switch depressed (both sides)

Cooling is normal. Shows 33 on the fresh food side and 1 on the freezer side.

James you will need to replace the main control board. That board is the board that you see the digits on in the fresh food section and linked below.

To replace that part you will need to remove the screws from the panel with the vent in it along the upper left corner. Then take the screws out of the panel with the digits. Remove these as a whole section. It is the easiest way to do it. Be sure the refrigerator is unplugged before you change boards or remove those panels. There is no programming involved just swap out the boards.

I know that sound is annoying as heck, you can take that panel down and try taping over the holes there where the littles speaker is. That is about the safest thing to do that I can think of. There are other things you could do to quieten it but none are as safe as tape.

Please ask if you have any questions at all about anything. I will do my very best to answer them. If you have none then please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,