Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have a Samsung top load washer (WA400PJHDWR/AA) that I lost

I have a Samsung top load washer (WA400PJHDWR/AA) that I lost a small object in. Is there anyway to access the drain filter? Or where else could this item be located?

repairguy :

Hello I am here, this is Rick,

repairguy :

Let me take a look at the breakdown and see what we can find

Customer:

Thank you

repairguy :

There is no filter catch on this unit, from the inner tub everything goes to the outer tub and then from there through the pump

repairguy :

What did you drop?

Customer:

I see...so would there be no way for me to retrieve lost items?

Customer:

A microSD card

repairguy :

The only other idea is to fill tub with water and then pull the pump and maybe it will wash out.

Customer:

where would it wash it out to?

repairguy :

I am not sure if that would be big enough to stop the pump

Customer:

Yeah I doubt it

repairguy :

Can you get the unit somewhere that it can drain to the ground

repairguy :

Where is your unit located?

Customer:

I'm not completely sure where the drain line goes to right now.

Customer:

The garage.

repairguy :

can the garage floor get wet?\

Customer:

Yeah it's cement

repairguy :

pull the drain hose from where ever it is , then fill washer and make it drain a few times, hopefull that will wash card out. other than that you could pull the inner tub but it is alot of work if we are not sure it is still with the machine

Customer:

True. Is there a certain setting that allows the washing machine to just fill up and drain without running cycles?

repairguy :

no you are going to have to manually do it

Customer:

So just pour water into the washing machine itself?

Customer:

and it'll just run through it?

repairguy :

you could do that using a hose, if you keep the drain hose up in the air it will not drain, then lower the hose and it should manually drain for you. If it does not then just start the unit on a spin only cycle. Did the unit go through a full cycle with the piece in it?

Customer:

Yes it did go through a full cycle.

repairguy :

I would try the fill and drain a few times then, but if it does not come out there is a good chance it has already passed

Customer:

true. Alright. Well thank you very much

repairguy :

Any time, let me know the outcome, I am on my way to a high school soccer game put will be home in a few hours. I will check back with you then.

Customer:

Ok, I'll definitely let you know. Thank you much.

repairguy :

Any luck?

Customer:

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Question, though. Should I fill the washer completely with water, and then hold the drain tube down to manually drain it?

repairguy :

Yes I would fill a full tub, then let it drain straight out

repairguy :

I never heard back from you over the weekend. Were you able to wash out the piece you were looking for?

Customer:

Hey, no, I wasn't able to do it. Thanks for the advice, though. I appreciate it.

repairguy :

Im sorry to hear that, If you do not mind will you please rate my answers for you, that is how we are rated on the website.