Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a cuisinart fully automatic burr grind and brew. Last

I have a cuisinart fully automatic burr grind and brew. Last night a strom knocked my power out and today it will not work. Yes, my power is currently on. haha. the beans will grind but the water will not flow. I took it apart and made sure there was no plugs in both hoses. I can blow air into the reservoir and the other way through the heating element to where it drips out. Like I said the grinder works and all the lights and clock work but the water just sits in the reservoir. Is the heating element out or is there a fuse that can be blown.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There may have been a voltage issue when the power was restored. Unplug it for at least one hour. Does the behavior change?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried it after being unplugged for several hours. No change. The water doesn't heat up or drip.
Does it make any noise at all, like the water heating internally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It makes a few clicking noises but nothing like water heating
I suspect the electronics may have been damaged by the power issue. There are fuses inside but they are thermally opened by excessive heat, not power spikes, etc.