Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Gas dryer- model XXXXXXXXXXX Not heating

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you know if the igniter is glowing at all when it should be heating? Also, can you re-send the model with a space between each number so that I can see it?  The website is blocking the model because it looks too much like a phone number so all I can see is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I haven't tried running it yet. Model is
1 1 0 8 7 4 0 5 8 0 0

Also, below the thermal fuse is a thermostat with a part number 6 1 8 9 4. The two contacts on this rubber black test bad
OK can you please run the dryer and see if the igniter is glowing on and off when it should be heating?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Igniter comes on but no gas
OK that is what I thought. First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change.  If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced.  As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak.  You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter.  Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!