Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I also have a GU2200. The top basket doesnt wash at all, and

I also have a GU2200. The top basket doesn't wash at all, and I suspect something has plugged up the water line to the top washing arm.
Do I have to pull the dishwasher out from under the countertop, or can I get to the line from the inside of the DW?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The line going up to the top wash arm is not the problem. I've never seen that get clogged before or cause a problem. This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!