Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my GE washer model# XXXXX will not spin with a load/water

my GE washer model# XXXXX will not spin with a load/water in it but empty it will
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the washer isn't spinning, do you hear the motor running like it's trying to spin? Or does it not even attempt to spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

doesn't attempt to spin

Hmm, if you don't even hear it attempt to spin, that would mean that the motor is overheating due to the added wait of the clothing. There really isn't anything else that would cause the washer to try spin when you have no clothes inside and not even attempt to spin without clothing. So if the motor is overheating, the motor itself would need to be replaced. The part number for the motor is wh20x10063 and it costs about $160 or so.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!