Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Maytag MGS5870ADC. . Ran out of gas, got tank filled and now

Maytag MGS5870ADC. . Ran out of gas, got tank filled and now oven is locked. HELP !!!!!

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

What were you doing when it ran out of gas?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Had been a week or two since I used the oven. Tried to use it but no gas so I had them fill my 400 lb. tank. It took 60 litres of gas on Tuesday. Today, tried to use the stove but no spark or gas smell from the burners. Oven is locked and will not open.
When you press any button does OFF show up in the display for about 15 seconds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. And now, I was playing with controls and hit bake. Went out of the room for a couple of minutes, the oven is working on bake. Turned it off. Top burners not working and no clicking for ignition. Oven still locked.
Cancel the bake cycle, If the unit is still saying locked, press the lock button for about 5 seconds it should beep, then wait a minute or 2 and see if the door unlocks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Didn't work. Its still locked but the burners now work.
Okay now start a self clean cycle for about 2 minutes then press cancel, this should cycle the door open..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just tried clean then cancel and the door opened. Magic. What was this all about, Chas ???
I have no idea, but I see it these things often, at least you can bake again and cook... Make me a PIE, prefer Apple..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory