Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Samsung Microwave oven SMH9187ST. The display window

I have a Samsung Microwave oven SMH9187ST. The display window shows "SE" and beeps every minute or so. Nothing else works. Can I fix it?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.

Ok Larry, the problem here and the meaning of the error code is the membrane/keypad has shorted.

The first thing to try is grab your wife's hairdryer then set it on low heat, warm the keypad up, once it is warm try massaging the keys, Once you have done this plug the unit back in, If the error comes back the membrane/keypad will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating Larry, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If your solution doesn't work, is this a part I can order and replace myself?

Yes it's quite easy to replace, Remove the grill running along the top of the door, Once off you will see the control board screw, drop the control board out, you will then be able to replace the membrane.

Click here to order the replacement part

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

Thanks!

Mike.